Monday, October 25, 2010

My Thoughts

I wrote this on September 24, 2009...check it out




I sit by my window lost in thought unsure of what I'm feeling

Today was a failure and yesterday was a disappointment

I am afraid to contemplate my future

I am afraid to face my past

What is the point of opening the window, when I've used up all my doors?

Should I bother keeping the lamp even after the Genie is gone?

I try to understand all the mistakes I have made

I am struggling accept my place in the world I've created

Do I even have a right to lie in my bed of roses?

Is this even my garden? Or am I just trespassing?

I feel like a fish lost in the bowl

Swimming in circles, will I ever realize there is no way out?

It wasn't always this way

Things used to be different

There once was happiness and joy

There was celebration and freedom

Where did the darkness come from?

When did the rain set in?

I can go back and forth with the 'what if' and the 'how'

But I know there's no point, the verdict is in

I have relinquished control

I have given up the reins

I am controlled by a Higher Power now

And He holds my hand

Suddenly the clouds lift

The rain drifts away

My sun has come back

It is a brand new day...

2 comments: